So, like many people, you like to get away from the city once in a while and unwind. The question is, should you buy an RV and go camping or buy your own little piece of heaven and own a recreational property? That is a good question.
For many people, going "camping" is their ideal getaway. Hitting the open road, finding that perfect spot and settling in for a weekend (or longer) of R & R. But as time goes on, sometimes the allure isn't what it used to be.
Perhaps you should consider owning your own getaway spot. Just a few of the reasons you may want to do this are:
- Certainty. It has become increasingly difficult to find a good camping spot without having to leave on Wednesday to get a spot for the weekend. If you own your own, it is always there waiting for you.
- The cost of gas. Pulling a big trailer or driving a motorhome is expensive. And the traffic, well........
- Make it your own. When you own your own recreational lot, you can landscape it and decorated it the way you like.
- Community. You will get to know your neighbours and develop friendships, do things together and create a sense of community.
- Lifestyle. Having a place to unwind and "get away from it all" is important to the well being of everyone, including you (and your family). Decrease stress. Laugh a little. Unwind. It's good for the soul.
Did you notice that I didn't include investment in that list. There are two types of investment to consider here. Obviously, there is the financial one and the crash of 2008 hit recreational property along with everything else. That means it is likely a good time to buy because prices are down.
The second type of investment is mentioned in the list above and that is lifestyle. Invest in your family, in your peace of mind and yourself. Invest in memories.
Next week, I will talk about some different options of recreational property, but that is for next week. For now, have a great long weekend and don't forget to play safe!