In my last article, I touched on some of the possible location options available to you for a vacation or recreational property. Let's look at that in a little more detail now. The options are endless.
First, I would like to briefly discuss the "long distance" option. If you have the time and the ability, both financially and physically to travel to an exotic location, then do it. And by exotic, I don't necessarily mean Belize or Bora Bora, although that would be nice. Even the Okanagan, Vancouver Island, the Maritimes, Phoenix, Palm Springs or countless other places are an option if you can make them feasible. And there are literally hundreds if not thousands of choices. However, for most of us, we wouldn't get enough use out of a property with that much travel involved. For that reason, I will concentrate here on possible recreational property within, say a two to three hour drive from Calgary. At least there is a good chance that you could use and enjoy something close to home on a regular basis.
Even narrowing the field that much there are still far too many choices to list them all so I will list a few here with links to their web sites. There are all places where you can own your own little piece of heaven, within driving distance to Calgary. Some are for RV's only while others allow park models and even year round cottages. You can click on them for more details. So, in no particular order, here goes...
- Tall Timber Leisure Park - Sundre area
- Sundre River Resort - Sundre area
- Coyote Creek Golf & RV Resort - Sundre area
- Whispering Pines Golf & Country Club Resort - Pine Lake
- Raymond Shores - Gull Lake
- Cottage Club at Ghost Lake - west of Cochrane
- Dutch Creek Resort - Windermere, B.C.
- Crowsnest Mountain Resort - Crowsnest Pass
- Dorchester Ranch Golf & RV Resort - Pigeon Lake
- Gleniffer Lake Resort & Country Club - west of Innisfail
...and there are more. Next time, narrowing the field.