It is time for me to conclude this series on recreational property. I hope it has given you some things to think about and some ideas about what type of property you would like for your very own.
Eleven years ago we made our choice and have not regretted one minute of it. We spend as much time as possible "at the lake" and have made many new friends there. So, without further ado, after looking at all of our options, we chose Gleniffer Lake Resort & Country Club.
Why you ask? Good question and here is a list of just some of the reasons.
- Location, Location, Location - Just an hour and a half, door to door. I can be on the golf course and get a call from someone looking to see a home in Calgary and I can say "see you in a couple hours"!
- Options - We could start out with our RV (which we did) and then upgrade later. And, by "upgrade" I mean we could get a larger RV, we could add an "Arizona (sun) Room" to it, we could buy a "Park Model", or we could build a cottage.
- Year Round Use - The resort has "deep service" water and sewer. So you have use of the resort all year long, summer and winter with water, sewer, power, telephone and either natural gas or propane.
- Lifestyle - We didn't want to have a place where there was nothing to do but maintain it. We wanted a community with activities and amenities. Gleniffer Lake Resort & CC has it all. These include...
- Golf - The resort has a beautiful (yes, beautiful) and very challenging 3,300 yard, 9 hole golf course with water hazards on 8 of the 9 holes. 2 par 5's, 2 par 3's and 5 par 4's. And, a fully equipped, licensed Pro Shop.
- The Lake - Gleniffer Lake is over 7 km's long, 1.5 km's wide and over 100 feet deep in spots (38' average). Source - Wikipedia. Created by the Dickson Dam, with water flowing through constantly, there is no blue/green algae problem. It is a great boating and swimming lake all summer long.
- Marina - Private boat launch and marina.
- Beach - We aren't talking a Maui beach here but a nice decent Alberta beach.
- The Landing - Our 13,000 sq. ft. clubhouse called The Landing which includes a restaurant and licensed lounge, the indoor pool & hot tub, fully equipped exercise room and games room.
- Swimming Pools & Hot Tubs- 3 total, 2 outdoor, 1 indoor and Hot Tubs - 1 indoor and 1 outdoor.
- Other Activities - Tennis courts, beach volleyball, basketball, horseshoes and more...
- General Store - A small but well stocked store is right in the park.
- Baseball Diamond.
- Social - There is a "social committee" that organizes activities and fun stuff all summer. We have "Halloween in the Summer", Lobster Fest, a car "Show & Shine", social meet & greets, and other social functions.
So, there you have it. All in all a great place to relax, unwind, get away from it all and meet some great new friends. And without the dreaded long drive.
What about that great offer? As many of you know, I am now doing some work at Gleniffer Lake Resort & CC. If you would like more information and see exactly what I am talking about, contact me. I will arrange for you to come to spend "A Day at the Lake". I will show you around, give you details (like a 1.99% financing option), show you the resort, facilities, amenities, what's for sale and more. Then, I will either buy you dinner at "The Landing" or a round of golf so you can try out our course. All on us, of course! What is better than free golf??? Contact me today at (403) 253-7326 or by e-mail.
If you work for a company and there might be a group interested in coming for "A Day at the Lake" (again, free golf) contact me and I will send you the information.
Well, this has been a long one so, that is it for now. Next week and update on CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation).