The City of Calgary has released four new concept designs for the re-development of Anderson Station. Anderson Station is across from Southcentre Mall on Macleod Trail at 109th Ave. S.E. The preliminary designs can be found HERE.
Each plan contains multi-use facilities that include a park, retail office, public plaza and residential housing. Area residents were presented with four preliminary designs for their comments and concerns. Some of the most common comments included:
- Balancing density with mixed uses
- Office, retail and residential uses
- Functional green spaces
- Pedestrian friendly
- Accessible to all ages and abilities
- Taller buildings closer to Macleod Trail
- Traffic considerations including the connecting roads
- Safety first!
There will be an open house at the Centre Court of Southcentre Mall on Thursday, May 15th, from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m.
For more information please click HERE to go to the City of Calgary web site for this project.