By now you have given this some serious consideration and have decided that it might be time to put an end to the rat race of packing up, driving, fighting traffic, leaving a day early to find a spot only to find the best ones are already gone, hook ups, dump outs, packing up and driving home after a far too short weekend, unpacking and starting again to do it all over again the next weekend. It is time to simplify and buy your own little piece of paradise. Somewhere that you can go to that will always be there, no pulling, packing, unpacking, dumping or rat race. Leave on a Saturday on a long weekend and be assured your spot is secure.
So, with so many options available, how do you choose? Perhaps start by asking yourself a few questions. The biggest question is......what do you like to do? Here are a few things to consider and some solutions to the question.
- Quiet Time - You like quiet time, reading, lounging and just "vegging". Perhaps you should consider a small acreage, or at least choose a spot in a resort or park that is some distance away from the pools and playgrounds.
- Golfing - Yes, you love to golf so be sure to choose a resort either with a golf course or with golfing close by. And don't forget to research the fees involved.
- Swimming - If you are a swimmer, then pools, lakes or rivers are a must. Perhaps having a combination of pools and lakes is for you.
- Hiking - Find a resort with hiking trails nearby.
- Boating - If water skiing, tubing, or just a relaxing sunset cruise is what you enjoy, then a lake is a must.
- Fishing - How is the fishing in the lake? Or, are there rivers or streams nearby to satisfy your passion?
- Social Activities - If you like to socialize, find out if the park has a "social committee". Are there functions throughout the year for people to get together?
- Year Round Use - If you think it might be nice to get away during the winter as well as the summer, be sure to find a resort that has year round use. Deep services for water, sewer and power and even indoor pools, gyms and other facilities. Getting away from it all in the winter can be very relaxing.
I'm sure I have missed many things you like to do, so make your own list. Then research the options available in the resorts near you and visit the ones that have what you like to do.