Here are some of the more inventive excuses teachers have received over the years.
- My child’s locker is jammed and she can't get her homework out of it.
- I couldn’t do my homework because my bedroom is haunted.
- Jimmy doesn't have his homework because we got a new paper shredder. I was so excited to try it out, I accidentally
- shredded Jimmy’s homework.
- My Dad forgot to do it for me.
- On the way to school, my homework slipped out of my hands and blew away. That’s also why I am late for school,
- I was chasing my homework.
- Please excuse Ashley for not getting her homework done. The hour she puts aside to do homework every week was lost when the clocks sprung forward over the weekend.
- One of my classmates fell in the lake. Unfortunately, when I jumped in to rescue him, my homework drowned.
- I found one of the word problems in Charlene’s textbook offensive. I don’t intend to support the publisher of that textbook by allowing Charlene to do any more of its problems.
- I was in the lunch room and another student started criticizing you. I just couldn't let that go, so I reached into my backpack for something to throw at him. All I could find was today's homework assignment, so I let him have it.
Sarah Strauss - AMP